We’re looking for a Third Line Support engineer with a strong technical background with a solid experience in technical support. The Third Line engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues.
The successful candidate should be a driven individual, that enjoys problem solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting our customers’ needs first.
Some of the technologies the candidate would be expected to deal with include: Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Citrix, SAN/ISCSI and RDS. There would also be a strong need for a good base networking knowledge this would be mainly, but not limited to, Cisco.
- Diagnose and fix critical IT issues.
- Liaise direct with customers regarding technical issues
- Identify reoccurring technical faults and recommendations to the escalations manager
- Technically assist the other technical teams.
The position offered is based out of Aspire’s Gateshead Head Office. However, you may, on occasion, be required to work at customer locations throughout the UK.
The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, 09:30-18:00 with 1hr for lunch, although extended hours may be required to meet customer requirements.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and also be available to work weekends & evenings as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
A highly motivated and conscientious individual, your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Incident management
- Resolve Technical issues
- Problem Management – Creating, determining and resolving (root causes of incidents and developing permanent resolutions).
- Assist 2nd line team with incident diagnosis and fault resolutions.
- Ownership on major system outages.
- Fulfilling the role of Subject Matter Expert for all assigned technologies (Cisco, Vmware, Citrix and Microsoft).
- Participating in Change Management activities to ensure change requests are fulfilled according to company guidelines.
- Participating in Knowledge Base management to ensure the accuracy and relevance of submitted articles.
- Providing comprehensive support and end user documentation for existing environments to improve support team knowledge and the end user experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
A high level of technical skill is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT
- Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, First line, Customer services)
- Strong understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Customer focussed
- Able to work well as part of a team and individually
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Decision making – displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
- Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals
- Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
Formal qualifications are essential for this role, the successful candidate should also have relevant work related experience, attained a Strong all-round standard of education and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
- CCNA or equivalent qualification
- VMWare Virtualisation
- Microsoft Server and Exchange
- Strong troubleshooting ability