To apply for this role, please download the Application Pack:
Job Description and Person Specification
Aspire Technology Solutions is an award-winning managed services company specialising in hosted services, data centre solutions, communications and traditional IT support. Established in 2006 as a two man business, we have grown organically year on year and now have sites across the North East and London.
At Aspire, we provide a personal service to our customers and avoid selling pre-packaged products. This customer-focused approach has enabled us attract business from a wide range of prestigious organisations across the UK and Europe. Aspire’s company values are focused on delivering excellence in everything that we do. For us, it’s not about the physical products that we supply, but more about the overall solution we deliver and the way in which we deliver it.
About the role:
We are looking for a 2nd Line Team Leader with a good technical background and experience in providing technical support as well as managing a team. The successful engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues covered by 2nd line, as well as managing their team to hit targeted KPI’s.
Each candidate should be a driven individual that enjoys problem solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting our customers’ needs first.
Some of the technologies the candidate would be expected to deal with include; Windows Server, VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and RDS. A good base of networking knowledge, ideally CISCO, and VOIP systems, ideally Mitel, would be advantageous though not essential.
In addition to this, the candidate should be outgoing and confident, enjoy taking responsibility where required and have excellent communication skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct manager for all team members in your team
• Helping your team hit set KPI’s
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to your team
• Assessing and addressing any quality issues
• Making sure company and departmental processes are followed
• Hold regular team and team member meetings
• Carry out performance review for your team members
• Queue and incident management
• Assist in resolving technical issues
• Support customers and provide a great level of customer service
• Staff development
• Managing a team and individuals within the team
• Develop team members
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of
Networking, Server configuration, Active Directory, Exchange Management, Microsoft products
and virtualisation, as well as any management skills or experience.
• At least 3 year experience in IT
• Experience in managing people
• Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, Proactive, First line, Customer services)
• Good communication skills
• Good documentation skills
• Customer focussed
• Able to work well as part of a team and individually
• Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
• Decision making – displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
• Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals
• Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality
• Microsoft Server Exam 2008 and above
• Cisco Networking and Routing
• Strong troubleshooting ability
• Networking fundamentals
• Leadership skills
Although no formal qualifications are essential for this role, the successful candidate should have
relevant work related experience, attained a good all-round standard of education and have a
good knowledge of current IT technologies.
Location and Working Arrangements:
This position is based at Aspire’s Gateshead Head Office with an occasional requirement to attend
customer sites for support escalations and telephony installations.
Working hours are normally Monday to Friday, between 08:00-18:00 with 1hr for lunch, although
extended hours may be required to meet customer requirements.
The successful candidate should be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and be
available to work weekends & evenings as required.
Reporting and Department:
The role will report directly to Head of support services / Initial Support Services and will be part of
the Technical Support – Service Desk.
The salary for this role is between £25,000-28,000 per annum, depending on the level of
Hours of Work:
Hours: 37.5 per week