To apply for this role, please download the Application Pack:
Job Description and Person Specification
Aspire Technology Solutions is an award-winning managed services company specialising in hosted services, data centre solutions, communications and traditional IT support. Established in 2006 as a two man business, we have grown organically year on year and now have sites across the North East and London.
At Aspire, we provide a personal service to our customers and avoid selling pre-packaged products. This customer-focused approach has enabled us attract business from a wide range of prestigious organisations across the UK and Europe. Aspire’s company values are focused on delivering excellence in everything that we do. For us, it’s not about the physical products that we supply, but more about the overall solution we deliver and the way in which we deliver it.
About the Role
We’re looking for a field engineer with previous experience in a technical support role. The engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues.
The successful candidate should be a driven individual that enjoys problem solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting our customers’ needs first.
Some of the technologies the candidate would be expected to deal with include: Microsoft Windows Server and desktop OS, IP Phones, Printers, Desktop and server hardware. There would also be a strong need for a good base networking knowledge this would be mainly, but not limited to, Cisco.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A highly motivated and conscientious individual, your main areas of responsibility will include:
• Diagnose and fix IT issues
• Install new end user devices
• Liaise direct with customers regarding technical issues
• Log work and fixes in to a helpdesk system
• Work to strict Service level agreements (SLA)
• Travel to customer sites
• Complete new installs
• Assist Senior technical staff as remote hands
• Incident management
• Resolve Technical issues
• Support customers and provide a great level of customer service
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
• At least 2 years’ experience in IT
• Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, First line, Escalations team, Team networks and Customer services)
• Good understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
• Good communication skills
• Good documentation skills
• Customer focussed
• Able to work well as part of a team and individually
• Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
• Decision making – displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
• Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals
• Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Windows Desktop Exam (windows 7+)
• Windows Server
• Strong troubleshooting ability
• Networking fundamentals (CCNA Level)
Although no formal qualifications are essential for this role, the successful candidate should have relevant work related experience, attained a good all-round standard of education and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
Location and Working Arrangements:
The position offered is based out of Aspire’s Gateshead Head Office. However, you may, on occasion, be required to work at customer locations throughout the UK.
The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 with 1hr for lunch, although extended hours may be required to meet customer requirements.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and also be available to work weekends & evenings as required.
Reporting and Department:
The role will report directly to the Field Engineer Team Leader and will be part of the Technical Support Team.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this role is between £20,000-26,000 per annum, depending on experience.
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Pension Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Critical Illness Cover
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
Hours of Work:
Hours: 37.5 per week