To apply for this role, please download the Application Pack:
Job Description and Person Specification
Aspire Technology Solutions is an award-winning managed services company specialising in hosted services, data centre solutions, communications and traditional IT support. Established in 2006 as a two man business, we have grown organically year on year and now have sites across the North East and London.
At Aspire, we provide a personal service to our customers and avoid selling pre-packaged products. This customer-focused approach has enabled us attract business from a wide range of prestigious organisations across the UK and Europe. Aspire’s company values are focused on delivering excellence in everything that we do. For us, it’s not about the physical products that we supply, but more about the overall solution we deliver and the way in which we deliver it.
About the role
We’re looking for a technical engineer with experience in technical support. The engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues.
The successful candidate should be a driven individual, which enjoys problem-solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting our customers’ needs first.
Some of the technologies the candidate would be expected to deal with include Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Active Directory, and RDS. There would also be a strong need for networking knowledge which would be mainly, but not limited to, Cisco.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A highly motivated and conscientious individual, your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Incident management
- Resolve Technical issues
- Support customers and provide a great level of customer service
- Windows patching and service pack upgrades
- Firmware upgrades
- Software upgrades
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Server configuration, Active Directory, Exchange Management, Microsoft products, and virtualization.
- At least 3-years’ experience in IT
- Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, First line, Customer Services)
- good understanding of general server, storage, and networking technologies
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Customer focused
- Able to work well as part of a team and individually
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Decision making – displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment and include appropriate people in the decision-making process
- Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals
- Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Windows Desktop Exam (Windows 7+)
- Microsoft Server Exam, 2008 R2+
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Networking fundamentals
Although no formal qualifications are essential for this role, the successful candidate should have relevant work-related experience, attained a good all-around standard of education, and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
Location and Working Arrangements:
The position offered is based in Aspire’s Gateshead Head Office.
The working hours will be 12 hour shifts, working four days on four days off.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and also be available to work weekends & evenings as required.
Reporting and Department:
The role will report directly to Head of Support Services and will be part of the Technical Support team.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this role is between £23,000-26,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Fantastic company culture
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted Gym membership
- Corporate travel discount
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Company vehicle or car allowance where applicable
- Health Plan including: eye care, dentistry, physio, 24 hour employee assistance
- Death in service
Hours of Work:
Hours: 48 per week.