To apply for this role, please download the Application Pack:
Job Description and Person Specification
Aspire Technology Solutions is an award-winning managed services company specialising in hosted services, data centre solutions, communications and traditional IT support. Established in 2006 as a two man business, we have grown organically year on year and now have sites across the North East and London.
At Aspire, we provide a personal service to our customers and avoid selling pre-packaged products. This customer-focused approach has enabled us attract business from a wide range of prestigious organisations across the UK and Europe. Aspire’s company values are focused on delivering excellence in everything that we do. For us, it’s not about the physical products that we supply, but more about the overall solution we deliver and the way in which we deliver it.
About the role
We’re looking for a 3rd line support engineer with a strong technical background with a solid experience in technical support. The 3rd line support engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues.
The successful candidate should be a driven individual that enjoys problem solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting our customers’ needs first.
Some of the technologies the candidate would be expected to deal with include: Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Citrix, SAN/ISCSI, RDS and Mitel. There would also be a strong need for a good base networking knowledge this would be mainly, but not limited to, Cisco.
Duties and Responsibilities
A highly motivated and conscientious individual, your main areas of responsibility will include:
• Diagnose and fix critical IT issues
• Liaise direct with customers regarding technical issues
• Identify reoccurring technical faults and recommendations to the Escalations Team Leader
• Technically assist the junior technical teams
• Incident management
• Resolve Technical issues
• Assist other members of the escalations team
• Managing critical IT outages with customers efficiently resolve the situation
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a good understanding of Networking, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
• At least 5 years’ experience in IT
• Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, First line, Customer services)
• Good understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
• Good communication skills
• Good documentation skills
• Customer focussed
• Able to work well as part of a team and individually
• Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
• Decision making – displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
• Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals
• Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
• CCNA or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
• VMWare Virtualisation
• Strong troubleshooting ability
Although no formal qualifications are essential for this role, the successful candidate should have relevant work related experience, attained a good all-round standard of education and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
Location and Working Arrangements:
The position offered is based out of Aspire’s Gateshead Head Office. However, you may, on occasion, be required to work at customer locations throughout the UK.
The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, 07:00-19:00 with 1hr for lunch, although extended hours may be required to meet customer requirements.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and also be available to work weekends & evenings as required.
Reporting and Department:
The role will report directly to the 3rd Line Team Leader and will be part of the Support Team.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this role is between £26,000-32,000 per annum, depending on experience.
25 days holiday per annum.
Hours of Work:
Hours: 37.5 per week