Aspire provide a wide variety of services to a wide range of organisations, in doing so we process data, a lot of data, some of which may contain personal information about the employees and customers of the organisations we provide services to.
Our lawful basis for processing such information, other than when there is a legal obligation, is legitimate interest. Our interest in processing personal information is in the delivery of services.
When collecting or processing personal information Aspire Technology Solutions play many roles. Sometimes we are the data controller, deciding the purpose of the processing; sometimes the data processor, processing on the instruction of a data controller; and in some cases, we are purely the receivers of personal information, we receive or have access to personal information, but do not process it.
Aspire have created this policy to explain to any interested parties how and why we:
…any of your personal information we may need to process in delivery of our services.
Introduction and General Terms
- Aspire online portal
- ISP Connectivity Solutions
- Infrastructure Solutions
- Managed services including: Realcare IT support, Hosted Voice & Telephony, services, Hosted Exchange services, Online Backup services
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, via our website, in letters or other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of Aspire services, we sometimes need to process information about you, this policy explains the following…
- What information Aspire may process about you
- How Aspire may use information we process about you
- When Aspire may use your details to contact you
- Whether Aspire will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding personal information you provide to us.
We will not use any of your personal data for automated decision – making or profiling.
Who are we?
What information will Aspire process about me?
When your business participate in, access or sign up to any of Aspire’s services, activities or online content we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or IP address, as well as information provided for the provision and use of Aspire provided services. (such as email address if we provide a hosted exchange service or telephone number if we provide hosted voice or telephony services, we also need to hold basic information such as name, email and telephone numbers within our CRM system for supporting services provided by Aspire).
How will Aspire use the information it processes about me?
Aspire may use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to deliver the services we provide to you and your business.
- to provide you with information about your services and to deal with your requests and enquiries in relation to your services.
- to improve and provide you with the most user-friendly service experience.
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers to provide services or to block disruptive use.
- for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by Aspire.
- to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
Where Aspire proposes using your personal information for any other uses other than in the delivery of services provided by Aspire we will ensure that you are notified.
When will Aspire contact me?
Aspire may contact you:
- in relation to any service that Aspire deliver to you/your organisation, in order to ensure that Aspire can deliver the services. (e.g if you report a fault, or we determine a fault, we may contact you to investigate the issue further, Aspire may send you reports or information in relationship to services provided)
- in relation to any correspondence, we receive from you or any comment, feedback or complaint you make about Aspire products or services
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Aspire services (participation is always voluntary)
- to update you in any changes to Aspire policies and practices
- for marketing purposes and promotional offers relating to services Aspire provide
Will Aspire share my personal information with anyone else?
Aspire will never share your personal information without your approval, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example government bodies, law enforcement agencies or emergency services), if it is inherent in the function of the service being delivered (such as visibility of an e-mail address on a hosted mail service to other hosted service users) or as described below.
Offensive or inappropriate content
If you post, submit or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to Aspire systems or websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Aspire service, Aspire may remove and if applicable, report such content.
3rd party sharing
When there is a requirement for Aspire to share data with a 3rd party in delivery of a service, and this sharing has been approved by the Data controller as a requirement of the Service to be provided, Aspire will take appropriate steps to ensure the integrity of the 3rd party’s security.
How long will Aspire keep my information?
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or for as long as it is set out in any relevant contract you / your organisation hold with Aspire.
Can I delete my data?
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. Any requests to delete data that Aspire may process on behalf of your organisation or that may contain personal information about you should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I find out what personal information Aspire holds about me?
I hope that the information provided has given a good understanding of the potential personal information Aspire may hold about you.
If under the Data Protection Law you wish to request a copy of the personal information about you, that Aspire may hold about you, or if you wish to have any inaccuracies corrected you can contact us at email@example.com.
Please note, we will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct, modify or delete personal information about you on files that do not relate to or negatively impact a direct service in delivery and for which consent has previously been determined. The two forms of approved identification can include:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from the last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from the last 3 months)
Processing in line with your rights
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party.
Please contact the Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for any requests.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Compliance@aspirets.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Personal data may be transferred to or stored outside of the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes of transfers to service providers who may be located outside of the UK or EEA. Before any transfer takes place, we’ll take steps to make sure your personal information will be adequately protected, as required by the UK Data Protection Act, with safeguards such as standard contractual clauses being in place.
Aspire Technology Solutions
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Pipewell Quay, Pipewellgate, Gateshead, NE8 2BJ.
Telephone number: 0330 124 2701.
To report any form of abuse activity (spam, phishing, adware etc.) with respect to any of our services, please contact us by email: Speakup@aspirets.com.
Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
If you are unhappy with anything we have done with your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
To make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office use the link below or call their hotline on Tel No.: 0303 123 1113. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/